GIS for Oil and Gas
SCGIS in Oil & Gas Exploration
Supporting exploration teams with geodetic/CRS advice, mapping, data management & 2D/3D loading.
We work closely with clients to provide cost-effective and efficient spatial data management, QC, GIS, mapping and geodetic technical support services to a range of organisations with national and international interests in the oil & gas industry, which has included:
- E&P Companies
- G&G Consultancies
- Industry Consultants
- Government Agencies
SCGIS experience relevant to Oil & Gas businesses:
- Familiarity with projects in many countries across Europe, Africa, Middle East, Asia and the Americas
- Extensive global geodetics experience and in-depth knowledge of coordinate systems, transformations, etc.
- In-depth understanding of exploration datasets and workflows
- Years of working with clients in the industry to ensure that data is checked and, as necessary, converted before loading into projects
- Building and maintaining well-organised exploration & development databases through on-going data management services
- Providing ad-hoc technical support & advice to oil co.’s & consultancies of different size across the business sector
- Many years’ use of Kingdom; preparing, checking and loading culture, seismic (2D & 3D) and well data
- SCGIS has its own LoadPak licence for creating and building projects ready for interpreters to use directly
- Expert users of GIS applications and tools such as: ArcGIS, QGIS, Global Mapper, XTools Pro and many more
- Delivering ad-hoc training support tailored to clients' own requirements, datasets and processes
UKCS Exploration & Development Database
For over six years, from the early days of the exploration company's origins, through its growth and listing on AIM, SCGIS has worked closely with Technical Director, Exploration Manager and the technical team to build, develop and maintain a comprehensive & rigorously organised database of material, which is closely integrated with ArcGIS (also supplied by SCGIS). This has supported the company's technical assessment & exploration activities through several offshore licensing rounds and provides an easy-to-navigate datastore containing a combination of public domain, commercial and confidential information much of which is also accessible via the ArcGIS map-based interface.
As well as serving the client's own internal needs, SCGIS developed mechanisms through which all or selected parts of the database can be extracted as self-contained / standalone copies for use by the client's partners and contractors. Other tools were also developed to streamline the regular updates to the system from both public and commercial sources.
Additional support provided by SCGIS includes: supply & updates of ArcGIS licences, QC of 2D/3D navigation data, loading seismic, culture & well data to Kingdom and the production of internal & corporate presentation material and exhibition posters & flyers.